Although humour is clearly the defining feature of The Bard’s Tale™, a great deal of attention has also been given to the plot and game rendering. Built on the superb engine from Snowblind studios used for Champions of Norrath™ and Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance™, the game uses the popular top-down view method of gameplay, and benefits from excellent graphics and sound. Players can not only resort to traditional magical and non-magical weapons to get themselves out of tight spots but can also summon a variety of creatures using music.
- The console versions of The Bard’s Tale™ have already received praise from North American media for the game’s humour, personality and originality.
It received 4.5 out of 5 from Official PlayStation Magazine for “the content, the script and the wit”.
Official Xbox Magazine singled out the title as a “Pick of the Month”.
Game Industry News gave it 5 out of 5 GiN gems.
“The Bard’s Tale™ is a refreshingly different RPG, able to poke irreverent fun at both the genre and itself. It manages to respect the rules of its category while breaking them at the same time.
- We are delighted to introduce players to a title that can both satisfy those looking to try a lighter RPG as well as those RPG aficionados ready to sit back and laugh,” said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft.
- “We think European gamers are waiting for an intelligently funny game, and are delighted to be working with Ubisoft to make sure they find out first hand what gamers in North America have been laughing about the last couple months!” said Brian Fargo, CEO and founder of inXile entertainment.
- “The IGN reviewer called it ‘one of the funniest games we’ve ever played.
- More information on the game is available at www.thebardstale.com.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP
PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium III 933Mhz or better
MEMORY: 256 Mb RAM
3D CARD: GeForce FX series or ATI Radeon X300 / 9500 series or better (must support DirectX Vertex Shader version 2.0)
DIRECT X: Version 9.0c
DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE: X4
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9 compatible
HARD DISK: Partial Install : 1.8 Gb, Full Install : 6 Gb
PERIPHERALS: Keyboard / Mouse, Logitech RumblePad
© 2004 inXile entertainment. All rights reserved. The Bard's Tale is a trademark or registered trademark of inXile entertainment in certain countries; and is a trademark or registered trademark of Electronic Arts Inc. in certain other countries where it is used under license. inXile entertainment and the inXile logo are trademarks of inXile entertainment.
Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Live, the Live logo, and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are property of the respective owners.