Warlords IV is a unique blend of role playing and turn-based strategy gaming
Warlords IV is set in the troubled land of Etheria. Old foes such as Dwarves, Elves and Orcs have resumed their ancient hostilities and the Undead legions of Lord Bane have returned. The Sirians continue their quest for dominance, and the unquiet whispers speak of the Volturnans, a race even more evil than the Undead.
The Heroes of Warlords IV show their mastery of sword and sorcery in the tactical combat system. Casting spells, smiting foes or boosting morale of shaken troops, Heroes can turn the tide of battle. Players grow and develop heroes from battle to battle, gaining in abilities and skills, and accumulating magic items and treasures.
- STS: Speed Tactical System : Innovative new combat resolution system which greatly speeds up combat and allows unit control of traditional tactical combat systems without the micromanagement of movement of units and terrain effects.
- Terrain: All new lush 3D rendered height-mapped terrain. Dozens of terrain and animation effects.
- Persistent Heroes: Your hero improves after every battle, and the same hero can be used in campaign, skirmish or multiplayer. There are a huge number of development options for a hero.
- Enhanced Computer AI: The proprietary AI gives you unparalleled and incredibly cunning opponents.
- A New Campaign: Choose any hero and any side to battle over the whole of Etheria with our new open-ended, dynamic, non-linear Campaign. Fight duels, beat off invasions, capture territory and use your hard-won cash to purchase powerful magical artifacts.
- Unique Multiplayer Features: STS combat will allow faster gameplay for both allied play and free-for-all (up to 8 players) over the Internet.
- Ten Different Sides: Ten unique sides all feature their own tech: trees, buildings, units, and playing styles.
- Spells: Automated combat casting and high quality graphical effects.
- Almost 120 Different Units: That's a huge number of fantasy creatures and Heroes for a strategy game.
- CD Quality Orchestral Score: Almost half an hour of original Celtic/orchestral music provides a soundtrack to your epic accomplishments.
- Victory Conditions: The game offers a wide variety of victory conditions and scripted victory events in both single and multiplayer.
OPERATING SYSTEM: 98/ME/2000/XP
PROCESSOR: Pentium® II-450 MHz
MEMORY: 128 MB RAM
3D CARD: 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible 3D card
DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE: 4X or faster
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9 compatible
HARD DISK: 10 Go
DIRECT X: DirectX 9.0a (include in the CD)
MULTIPLAYER: 56k or faster
©2003 Ubi Soft Entertainment. Ubi Soft, ubi.com, and the Ubi Soft logo are trademarks of Ubi Soft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria is a trademark of Infinite Interactive. Developed by Infinite Interactive. All rights reserved. Uses Bink Video. Copyright ©1991-2003 by RAD Game Tools, Inc.