Heroes of Might & Magic V: Hammers of Fate
US Patch v2.01
Please make sure that you install the right patch for your game version!
If you downloaded your copy of the game from Direct2Drive or the Ubisoft Digital Store, you will need to install the [Digital Download Version] patch.
If you have the US CD/DVD version of the game, you will need to install the [Retail CD / DVD Version] patch.
These patches are for the US version of the game ONLY.
1. Before installing Heroes of Might & Magic V: Hammers of Fate patch v2.01 please close all other programs.
2. Run patch installation file.
3. Follow the instructions.
Note: Saves made in previous versions of the game may not be fully compatible with game v2.01. It is recommended to restart the map to continue playing a saved campaign game. To continue playing saved multiplayer or single scenario games, you may need to restart the program at the end of the mission.
Changes in patch 2.1
The Necromancy working principles changed
The Training working principles changed
Bugs repaired and changes made:
- When an attached map is used to create a multiplayer game, the game no longer crashes for the players trying to connect to the game
- Multiplayer game mistiming in certain specific circumstances repaired
- RMG crashes in attempts to generate certain maps fixed
- Game freezes on MP with time limit on in some special situations fixed
- Editor crashes in several specific cases fixed
- Trouble with Autosave working incorrectly in certain cases fixed
- Game no longer crashes when Empowered Meteor Shower hits areas with no enemy creatures
Camera, graphics, interfaces:
- Happiness animation added for Fortress creatures
- Visual errors in mission-pertaining cut-scenes fixed
- Renegade heroes’ attack animation fixed
- The Monster Strength list in RMG interfaces now sorts correctly
- Player now sees caravans that can’t move
- The issue with no message displaying when trying to move a hero from ‘visiting’ slot to ‘garrison’ with Space hotkey although he does not have enough free slots to gather all the army is now fixed
- Trouble with player not being informed of the number of creatures who want to join now fixed
- Trouble with inaccessibility of Hero Screen and Ghost Screen interfaces in certain specific cases fixed
- The slider buttons of the Split Stack interface now move only one creature for each click
- Wrong difficultly level indication in the network game’s tooltip corrected
- Combat statistics corrected
- Twitches that happened when rotating the camera in towns with high FPS rates now fixed
- When ghosts combat in Ghost Mode, the player now sees how much damage the ghost has suffered
- In 3x3 Duel, a message telling that the opponent replaces a hero has now been added
- Camera’s movement for following the hero now fixed (the camera no longer falls behind the hero in high movement velocity)
- Camera now moves to the nearest of the caravans when clicking on a pop-up telling about caravans standstill
- The hero’s path no longer appears on the Puzzle Map
- Hero’s flag color change when changing owner by the script (SetObjectOwner) now fixed
- Special Hero Trail no longer disappears when loading a saved game
- Various texts corrected
Gameplay, Mechanics, Balance:
- Calculations for quick combat fixed (the results used to differ from auto combat at times)
- The AI does not cast the Armageddon spell anymore if it can win with no casualties without using the spell
- The AI now understands various player’s diverting placing tactics (like those needed to defend the shooting creatures)
- The AI can now bring its troops closer to the moats
- Hero with Angel Wings or Boots of Levitation does not land on impassable tiles anymore.
- AI does not cease to cast spells anymore after Counterspell has been cast
- The Eternal Light perk modified (Hero’s light spells are now twice harder to dispel. Opposite spells like Slow vs. Haste applied by an enemy to hero’s creatures have a 50% chance to fail.)
- Resource cost of certain buildings in Fortress modified (Dwarves need Crystals more than Gems now)
- Warlord controlled by Puppet Master damages himself no longer when using the Stormstrike ability
- Movement Points subtraction when using the Town Portal spell corrected
- Possibility of leaving a hero without an army in network game removed
- Fountain of Fortune no longer grants +0 Luck
- Summon Creatures spell now works similarly to that in the original game, version 1. 3 and higher, taking 75% of the Hero’s movement points for the day after summoning.
- In 3x3 Duel, stacks can only be split when a new army (a hero who has not fought yet) is placed onto the field
- Possibility of Consume Artifact being used on the same creature again (when the artifact already no longer exists) removed
- Improper behavior of Souldrinker specialization for spell-casting creatures of the hero’s army now fixed
- In Duel, micro-artifacts can now only be equipped onto Academy creatures
- Warlords can no longer damage towers in Siege combat
- Magical elements now work with new creatures as well
- Map ‘Questing For Peace’: Improper collision between the guarding stack and Dwarven Military Post now fixed
- Map ‘The Duel’: trouble with impossibility to complete the mission if one of the players has lost his or her hero before 2 weeks expire now fixed
- Map ‘The Guerillas’: The trouble with the camera auto-focusing even if the Dwarves have joined the hero now fixed
Map Editor and RMG:
- RMG now creates better imbued and balanced maps
- Certain bugs in map generation now fixed
- Non-working objects removed from the editor (Dwarven bridges, Dwarven wall_down set)
- “Wand Of...” artifacts have the setting of their number of charges corrected
- “Defeat Neutrals” objective now works (it now works for all cases)
- Minimap can be hidden now in RMG generation screen
- “Random town” can now be selected as an option in the random map generator
- The starting race can now be selected in the Game Create screen of the random map generator (if the "random town" were selected before)