The v1.40 Cumulative Patch
updates Far Cry from v1.0
The v1.40 Standalone Patch
updates Far Cry from v1.33
Visit http://www.CryMod.com for the latest updates on modding Far Cry
Patch 1.4 change log
* This patch supports 32 bit only.
* Added remakes of assault maps (Project FiXit).
* Closed several security holes.
* Joypad support has been added.
* Several console commands have been deactivated and are only available in DEVMODE.
Multiplayer General changes
* Added automatic kicking of team killers for violating default limit (integrated with PunkBuster).
* Added broadcasting and spawn messaging capability.
* Added central red-dot to the scope of the sniper rifle.
* Added command allowing gameplay to commence at any specific flag point for training.
* Added first person spectator view, however it is considered beta and will not be officially supported.
* Added GUI buttons for players to easily vote.
* Added GUI voting panel to initiate votes for map changes and kicking players.
* Added ingame server administrator panel for real time GUI admin capability.
* Added ingame text flood kicking (integrated with PunkBuster).
* Added IP and server name to scoreboard.
* Added a Join server by IP function.
* Added a disable voting option.
* Added option to remove enemy nametags from crosshairs.
* Added team kill punish and forgive system.
* Fixed "CD Key In Use" issue with automatic server kick.
* Fixed binocular/sniper rifle bug.
* Fixed bug in mp_airstrip which lead to a server crash.
* Fixed bug where players were missing their scoreboard (getting refreshed automatically now).
* Fixed gameplay issues on mp_jungle.
* Fixed grenade bug.
* Fixed scoreboard, it now properly displays ping.
* Inflatable boat can sustain an increased amount of damage.
* Server browser list updated for easy navigation. Many filters and a favourite server section added as well.
Multiplayer Gameplay changes
* Added MP5 and Shocker to Assault game mode.
* Added occlusive damage to vehicle explosions (player cannot die due to an explosion while behind a solid object any more).
* Fall damage reduced.
* General weapons balancing improved.
* Health and armour adjusted amongst the classes to give the grunt the most, engineer medium and sniper least.
* New OICW grenade launcher interface.
* New RL fire mode.
* Server and client optimisations for smoother gameplay.
* Stamina increased by 50%.
* Sticky bombs replaced with "Beta" C4.
* Wrench now has melee capability.
* Features Manual for Far Cry(tm) Patch 1.4 (A detailed description about the newly added features).
* Server Command Table (Lists all the new commands available for Far Cry(tm) in multiplayer with explanations).
* Project Fixit (A detailed explanation of changes from the stock assault maps).
Special Thanks to all the test teams, especially  Die Doppelnullen, [22nd SAS], -=UBW=-, W]M[D and Sÿ /).
Patch 1.33 change log
* This patch supports 32 bit only.
* This patch will update versions 1.31 and 1.32 to Far Cry(tm) 1.33.
* Far Cry(tm) patch 1.33 contains all the fixes found in 1.32.
* Fixed issue with extended characters in players' names causing server crashes.
* Included version checking so that only 1.33 clients can connect to 1.33 servers.
* Resolved several online cheating issues.
Patch 1.32 change log
* Fixed a Shader Model 3.0 issue that caused graphics corruption on new ATI hardware.
* Set the game to detect nVidia hardware to avoid shaders being compiled during run time.
* Recompiled the 32bit version with a different version of STL to address some server slowdowns.
Patch 1.31 change log
* Fixed an exploit where going prone while carrying scoped weapons disables weapon sway.
Patch 1.3 known issues
* Save games created with the recalled patch (1.2) are not compatible with patch 1.3.
* Users with ATI Catalyst 4.9 drivers may experience some graphical anomalies when lighting quality is set to high. If this occurs either set Lighting Quality to Medium or Texture Quality to Low. Alternatively, use ATI Catalyst 4.3 drivers.
* Connecting to LAN games via the \connect console variable does not always work. Users should connect to LAN games using the LAN menu only.
* Windows 2000/XP only: Make sure your keyboard is in lower case mode before starting the game.
* Beware of machete attacks when underwater. You will not see an animation, but the attack will still do damage.
* On the map mp_monkey_bay_n there is a solitary P90 pickup without extra ammo boxes nearby. More P90 ammo is located next to the garage on the other side of the map.
* Do not attempt to reconnect to a server that you have just created. Creating a server and then attempting to reconnect to it will only display the message "connecting to 127.0.0.1...". This is the IP address of your local host server.
* Do not attempt to switch teams during PREWAR countdowns after a match has been won if player numbers are low.
* Non NV40 nVidia graphics cards display a water reflection bug when water details are set to 'Ultra High'. Lowering this setting in-game will fix the problem.
* It is not possible to ban players from LAN servers. Banning is only available to Internet servers.
Patch 1.3 change log
* Fixed a crash when loading with the forklift on some levels.
* Fixed a bug that prevented levels from loading after saving in a previous level.
* Returned surround 5.1 sound option to the menu.
* Fixed a mounted weapon traverse problem.
* Fixed problems relating to shaders1.pak and scripts1.pak not being removed upon installation of the patch.
* Fixed a delay relating to tagging enemies while in binocular mode.
* Normal Map Compression. Requirements: NVidia: Geforce FX Family or better, ATI: x800 card or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, type 'r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1' in the console after loading a level. Enabling this feature during the game may take some time - the PC may appear to freeze. This variable will not be saved when restarting the game. Enabling normal map compression will have prolonged execution the first time running through a level due to initial compression phase occurring in real time through the level. Subsequent reloads of the same level will yield better performance. Therefore, we recommend that you run any benchmark twice and take the second of the two runs for benchmarking purposes since this most closely represents the usual user experience.
* SM 3.0 and SM 2.0x are now enabled by default when graphics settings are set to 'Very High'. To see performance increases you must have Direct X 9.0c installed.
* Improved tangent-space calculations to improve bumpmap quality.
* Anisotropic filtering disabled for some textures (light-maps, several lookup textures, fall-off maps) for increased performance.
* When attempting to connect to PunkBuster regulated servers, make sure you are not running with DEVMODE enabled. Run the Farcry.exe itself (not a shortcut) if you are unsure.
* If you are kicked from a PunkBuster enabled server with the reason "No packet flow", make sure the Windows XP internal firewall has been disabled.
* Improved synchronisation in multiplayer.
* Fixed bug in leaning with different player classes.
* Fixed an invisible wall exploit in mp_freighter.
* Please ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics cards installed.
Patch 1.2 change log
* Made the run speed about 15% faster.
* Made sprint last 30% longer.
* Adjusted damage to vehicles.
(Vehicles now survive longer in multiplayer and behave consistently between weapons damage types) Bullet damage can be disabled by "g_vehicleBulletDamage" cvar: 0 = no bullet damage (default), 1 = bullet damage; this works only in MP.
MP vehicles receive the same damage from every kind of bullet (no distinction between sniper rifle and the deagle), this value is set by the 'dmgBulletMP' variable inside the 'DamageParams' table of the vehicle.
- Buggy, Humvee and Gunboat can be destroyed with one rocket.
- Big Truck can be destroyed with three rockets.
- Buggy and Gunboat can be destroyed with 100 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
- Humvee can be destroyed with 150 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
- Big Truck can be destroyed with 500 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
- Vehicle damage code has been filtered and made more consistent.
* If PunkBuster is not installed, the "PunkBuster enable" toggle box will not be disabled.
* Fixed a number of serious issues with headshot detection.
* Ported a number of sensitive routines into non-SDK sources.
* Fixed some issues with ladder animations, which were appearing odd to players.
* Adding quicksave support for single player (still in process).
* Fixed bug where players' name tags were not appearing.
* Fixed bug where console would accept letters as variable states.
* Fixed a number of ladder related issues.
* Fixed error regarding connection dialogue warning message.
* Fixed a significant number of bugs relating to quicksave (~100 bugs).
* Fixed a connection dialogue error.
* Fixed an incorrectly localized HUD message.
* Fixed server shutdown dialogue error.
* Addressed a number of issues with the server list UI.
* Fixed bug causing cancel button to stop functioning.
* Server-created sessions are now saved.
* Fixed a bug causing game freezes when player joins and player rotates.
* Fixed a rendering issue with Radeon 9600 graphics cards.
* Fixed PunkBuster crash when switching from PunkBuster online server to hosting LAN server.
* Fixed issue with PunkBuster icon not appearing in the server listing.
* Fixed random crash relating to PunkBuster server listing info.
* Fixed issue with PunkBuster refusing connection to a server that was destroyed and then re-hosted.
* Fixed a number of crash problems related to PunkBuster server creation with non-dedicated servers.
* Fixed issue with PunkBuster enabled in multiple server profiles.
* Disabled e_vegetation_min_size in multiplayer mode (used as cheat).
* Added optimisations for character effects including invulnerability shader.
* Added optimisations for scoreboard performance. Scoreboard no longer updates fields that have not changed.
* Fixed issue where radar would not be drawn correctly with certain game type alterations.
* Fixed frame rate issue when player touches assault ammo pickups.
* Fixed issue with password protected servers not removing passwords after restarting.
* Fixed issue with spectators not being able to hear ambient sounds.
* Fixed message printout for multiplayer statistics (was only working with log_verbosity 1, not it works with 0 (default) as well).
* Fixed listplayer on the client (was only working on the server).
* Changed multiplayer scoreboard system for less bandwidth and easier extendibility.
* Fixed bug in scoreboard that reported ping incorrectly by a factor of 2. Pings now appear correctly (half the old values). Note: ping is still the same, the output value was inaccurate).
* Fixed check in server/client version check (now you cannot connect to servers with old network codes).
* Fixed bug concerning submitted PunkBuster IDs causing random CD Keys hash to be generated. Global IDs unique to CD keys are now parsed correctly.
* Added MultiplayerUtils:OnChatMessage (a script function which is called to the server for every chat message to enable saving out chats).
* Made several changes to improve network packet scheduling.
* Separated multiplayer and single player weapon codes for better functionality with mod developers, and also to support changes to MP balance without affecting SP gameplay experience.
* Altered several multiplayer weapons parameters, as outlined below:
All weapons - Increased accuracy while remaining idle by 25%.
Medic packs now give the engineer class 50% more health.
Reduced rocket launcher clip to 1, no change to lethality.
Increased MP5 damage by 30% with full-automatic, and added a 50% increase with semi-automatic.
Adjusted AG36 damage to head and torso.
Reduced AG36 grenade radius.
Increased OICW accuracy by 30% when zoomed in.
Reduced OICW grenade clip to 3 with max carry of 3 in the gun and 3 in reserve.
Slightly increased Pancor damage.
Reduced P90 damage by 10% and reduced max range by 25%.
Increased lethality of mounted weapons.
* Improved detection code for player name tags, fixed issue causing name tags not to appear if crosshairs were on arms or legs.
* ??Fixed collision detection on the dedicated server with different arm positions due to various weapons use. Hit detection is now more accurate.
* The record console variable was marked as protected because it opened up some cheat possibilities.
* ??????Fixed a bug that sometimes caused players hit by a Buggy not to credit the driver with the kill.
* Fixed a number of issues with discrepancies between player cameras in 1st and 3rd person views.
* Fixed a crash relating to Rcon commands with dedicated server.
* ??????Fixed bug with Far Cry(tm) MOD version number being incorrectly displayed as 1.0.
* Reworked a number of installer issues.
* Fixed a number of bugs relating to the Linux dedicated server porting.
* ??????Fixed bug causing mercenary reinforcements to behave irregularly.
Regarding issues concerning PunkBuster updates during LAN play:
Note: If you experience connection issues during LAN play or your connection is refused by PunkBuster, you can disable the connection checking with the following command (as the server):
(This may be caused if PunkBuster is trying to update itself with an incorrectly configured firewall or unavailable internet connection).