LIMITED MOVIE EDITION featuring:
- A printed historical map, an exact replica from the movie!
- Bonus soundtrack material, including an interview with renowned composer Vangelis and "making of" footage from the creation of the movie soundtrack.
"There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander the Great
It is 330 BC, and the 3,000 weary military units under your command face a fearsome opposing army numbering in the tens of thousands. You are David to your opponent's Goliath, even though you have ample resources and a multitude of units, buildings, and advancements on which to spend them - your enemy has more.
Blood will be spilt on the battlefield and honor will be put to the test, as the courage and cunning of your decisions determine the success of your forces. Command vast armies and heroes from Alexander the Great's era. Triumph in epic real-time battles using formations, morale, and authentic battle tactics. Game Features:
- Authentic heroes: Command legendary heroes such as:
- Alexander the Great, a legendary and world-famous tactician, strategist, and leader.
- Poros, an Indian king who refused to negotiate and insisted upon fighting whenever the opportunity presented itself.
- Darius, a rival to Alexander who possessed heroic determination and resolve.
- Nectanebo, a cunning Egyptian pharaoh renowned for his quick wits.
- Detailed multinational armies/units: Greek, Persian, Indian, and Egyptian armies, with unique units, and abilities such as elephants who can charge through opposing forces.
- Breathtaking on-screen scale: An incredible 64,000 units can exist on the battlefield simultaneously, with 8,000 on-screen at once.
- An empire to manage:
- Control forces on land and at sea.
- 120 unique buildings.
- Unlimited natural resources.
- A variety of distinctive terrains.
- Relive Alexander the Great's voyage: Dive into this epic and unexplored historical setting, with plenty of unique and genuinely exciting missions.
- A multitude of objectives: Use strategy, courage, and formation tactics to achieve your goals in a wide variety of single-player and multiplayer missions.
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- Supported OS: Windows® 98/2000/ME/NT/XP only (XP recommended)
- Processor: AMD Athlon™, Pentium® 1.5 GHz (2 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB
- Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 8.1-compliant video card (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.1-compliant sound card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or higher
- CD-ROM: 12x CD-ROM
- Hard Drive Space: 2 GB free
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible mouse and keyboard
- Multiplayer: Internet connection
- NVIDIA® GeForce™ 3/4/FX/6 families (excluding GeForce 4 MX)
- ATI® Radeon™ 8500/9000/X families
- Matrox Parhelia™
Laptop models of these cards not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.NOTICE:
This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD-RW, DVD-RW, and virtual drives.