Far Cry 2Patch v1.03
note that this patch can be used on both the US RETAIL (CD/DVD) version &
the DOWNLOADABLE (D2D) version of the game.
STEAM users: Please
wait until the patch is available through Steam.
Changes and fixes in v1.03
Fixed random crashes occurring during
specific Malaria attacks
Fixed health damage not following the
difficulty level when switching difficulty during player’s walkthrough
some camera issues when using a mortar near a rock
Added the possibility to play Rank
matches on a selection of user maps
Added deaths in scoreboard
current damage model
Show VIP on Scoreboard (for your team only)
can stay on the same host for consecutive matches in Ranked match
a Quick match button when selecting a map in the Map community
vehicles spawning on their initial position immediately after being
destroyed by an explosion
Fixed client being disconnected from the
host randomly and not being able to see it after that
Fixed - death
message does not appear randomly
Fixed some issues when interacting
Fixed - bandolier doesn’t always unlock extra ammo
some bug when healing another player and getting wounded at the same time
diamond gain in rank mode
Fixed - Players don’t get a request to keep
a map after playing on a IGE map
DLC Fix some issues when using the
Add remote control
Reduced approximately 80% of CPU usage
approximately 50% of memory usage
a “hardcore mode” that will provide a new damage model where all weapons
do much more damage to increase realism.
Many of the new features
were requested by members of the community and we would like to thank
everyone for taking the time to communicate with us. We hope you will
enjoy the improvements!
Changes and fixes in v1.02
- Added triple-header support to the game.
widescreen option has been added and can be enabled only in single
- Fixed the
direct join by IP functionality.
- Added the minimum number of
players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the
- The host can now set the respawn time in Advanced
options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting
rank of all players in the match, in Advanced options, for player
- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to
- The ping system has been improved to display a more
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match
search from the map leader board.
- Fixed certain characters that
weren't allowed during profile creation (- . _ ,)
- It is now
possible to add a clan name to the player¡¦s name through the
use_clan_tag console command.
- Players can now filter the server
list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated,
server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- The IEDs are now
destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen. It will
matchmake on the selected map.
- The distance from a wounded teammate
is now displayed.
- The host can now select a VIP before starting the
- It is now possible to use the use_clan_tag command.
Fixed a bug with clan tag and multiple clients
- Multiplayer: Minimum
players numbers default setting is now 4
- Fixed some
unrepresentative text in the scoreboard.
- Added text to display
distance when teamate is down
- Fix a freeze issue in match list if
the player press ESC after trying to enter in a match with a password.
Changes and fixes in v1.01
- Fixed Dolby 5.1 support for
most sound cards.
- Fixed mission objectives marker after a loading a
- Fixed for difficulty level not changing health when
- Fixed Jackal Tapes and Partner Tapes pages.
Field Manuals not unlocking after game mode change.
- Fixed glider
- Fixed keyboard controls remapping in single mode
that didn't carry into multiplayer mode.
- Prevent a buddy from
getting stuck when healing him while receiving damages.
- Fixed stats
of favorite weapon not properly reset between loaded save games.
Fixed the mortar moving the player through wall.
- When creating a
dedicated server with PunkBuster enabled then close it to create another
but this time with PunkBuster disabled, PunkBuster will still be
considered ON, on this new server.
- Display server's IP address in
lobby, beside the match’s name (for direct IP join to work)
Fixed a problem where a player could get stuck (and couldn’t get killed)
after pressing the interaction key while wounded and getting rescued by
a teammate at the same time.
- Fixed vehicles not being respawned if
they were never used.
- A ranked match that is already started will
not be listed in the match list.
- Fixed users not being able to see
a match if the host switched match mode after a rank. Prevent the host
from changing the server setting in a Ranked Match through the console.
Fixed a glitch that could make a player invisible to another.
Improved match start conditions. Ranked games can now also start if the
player max is attained and everybody but the host is ready.
if a user has too many user maps and tries to enter the map rotation
menu in a Player or Ranked match, he would get disconnected.
incorrect check for negative values when adjusting diamond count.
Fixed a problem where a player would render through objects if healing a
wounded playing while being wounded at the same time.
- Fixed players
with same name by using identifiers instead of names.
validate the diamond pool after class upgrades, reset or rank up to
avoid getting more diamonds than the player is supposed to for his rank.
Fixed reload not being interrupted on the host when a client picks a
weapon while reloading.
- Fixed crash when creating a LAN game
without a network cable.
- Fixed a random crash when joining a game.
Fixed to make sure game is minimized in order to show the website when
clicking on ubi.com
- Fixed crash in editor when deleting many
objects in very rapid succession.
- Fixed crash in editor during
parsing of the map headers.
- Fixed a random crash that could happen
when pressing ESC to cancel a Benchmark run.
- Added CPU Intensive
benchmark test run.
- Allow launching the Dedicated Server Launcher
in command line.