||SAN FRANCISCO – September 4, 2008 – Today Ubisoft and CBS Consumer Products announced the all-new video game CSI: NY. For the first time in the CSI video game series, CSI: NY will allow you to play as actual characters from the hit TV show. The video game features five new original cases crafted by writers from the CSI: NY television series and will launch for the PC in time for the 2008 holiday season.
“We are thrilled to offer fans a new type of crime-solving experience with CSI: NY,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Ubisoft. “With an all-new graphic novel art style, improved player controls and added interactive gameplay, CSI: NY will provide a more accessible approach for fans looking to immerse themselves in the show’s universe.”
“We are excited to be partnering with Ubisoft again on the next iteration in the successful CSI video game series,” said Liz Kalodner, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products. “With CSI: NY’s engaging storylines, compelling characters and unique visual style, it is a natural progression to extend the experience into a video game that effectively brings the show to life.”
CSI: NY averages 11.8 million total viewers each week on CBS. Ubisoft’s CSI video game franchise has sold more than 3.5 million units worldwide since the first CSI title was released in 2003.
Game features include:
- SOLVE CRIMES IN THE BIG APPLE - Finally, CSI fans can experience the environment, characters and mysteries of CSI: NY. Piece together clues and uncover hidden evidence in the biggest city in America. Explore five brand-new, bizarre crimes and bring suspects to justice.
- PLAY AS THE STARS - For the first time, take on the role of CSI stars as you play the characters of Detective Mac Taylor and Stella Bonasera.
- MORE ACCESSIBLE GAMEPLAY - A new, moody graphic novel art style and enhanced, user-friendly interface will assure accessibility and hours of replay for all types of gamers. Improved gameplay includes new mechanics for conversations, computer use, blood work and much more.
- CONTROL INTERROGATIONS – For the first time, players can control interrogations and use evidence to reveal a suspect’s lies. Take part in dramatic interrogations and create atmospheric reenactments while exploring grisly crime scenes inspired by the show.
- DIG DEEPER WITH NEW MINI GAMES - Includes an incredible variety of new mini-games, such as: code breaking, facial reconstruction, triangulating shooter locations, physics simulation reconstructions, Internet searching and more!
CSI: NY in USA is a trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. and outside USA is a trademark of Entertainment AB Funding LLC. CBS and the CBS Eye Design TM CBS Broadcasting Inc. ©2004–2008 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Entertainment AB Funding LLC. All Rights Reserved. Software © 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
About CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION in USA is a trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. and outside USA is a trademark of Entertainment AB Funding LLC. CBS and the CBS Eye Design TM CBS Broadcasting Inc. ©2000–2008 CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Entertainment AB Funding LLC. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
About CBS Consumer Products
CBS Consumer Products, a unit of CBS Entertainment, manages worldwide licensing and merchandising for a diverse slate of television brands and series from CBS, CBS Paramount Network Television and CBS Television Distribution, as well as from the company's extensive library of titles. Additionally, the group oversees the CBS Retail Store and online sales of programming merchandise. For more information, visit www.CBS.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 25 countries and sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of 928 million euros for the 2007–08 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.